We need you to provide a good temporary home for either a dog in need of adoption or, in rare cases, a dog whose family is currently unable to care for their pet while recovering from some natural disaster. As a Foster Family/Parent,
you will be required to agree to adhere to all the regulations and requirements of
GSDRColorado. You will foster the dog for the period of time as determined by the rescue and
you. While the dog is in your care, you will follow the guidelines provided by your
foster coordinator, socialize the dog to as many sights, sounds, people, and places as possible, reinforce the commands the dog already knows, reinforce good house manners, and report to
your foster coordinator any problems or concerns.
The following are regulations, responsibilities and commitments of our Foster Families:
* I am aware that the dog I am caring for belongs to either German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado or the family that has temporarily surrendered the dog due to personal hardship,
* I will be financially responsible for food, treats and toys for the dog while s/he is in my home.
* I will give the dog love and attention.
* I will foster the dog in my house and depending on age and behavior, the dog will sleep in a crate or on the floor in the bedroom or as discussed/approved by my foster coordinator.
* The dog will have house training and in-house etiquette consistently reinforced. I will not allow the dog on any furniture, to beg for food, to jump on people at any time, or to mouth people.
* I will not allow any "rough housing" with the dog, or chasing of the dog.
* I will only allow the dog to interact/play with other pets under supervision.
* I will familiarize the dog with people of all ages and varied places and sounds. I will work on confidence in new situations and calm greetings with new people.
* I will discourage barking unless someone is approaching my house.
* I will feed the dog according to my foster coordinator's specifications, and I will not allow him/her to become overweight.
* I will regularly groom the foster dog.
* I will walk the dog regularly on a loose leash and not allow the dog to pull on the leash.
* I will not allow the dog to be off leash outside unless in a safe, fenced in yard. I also will not tie the dog outside unattended.
* I will notify my foster coordinator immediately if any injury or illness should occur while the dog is in my care. I will obtain emergency veterinary care for the dog if necessary.
* Should I decide that I would like to adopt my foster dog I realize that I will be expected to pay the same adoption fee as any other adopter.
* I hold German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado harmless for any property damage or personal injury caused by the foster dog while he/she is in my care.
The information on my application is true and accurate. I have read the above information and agree to these responsibilities and understand them. I also understand that if this agreement is not adhered to, the foster dog may be removed from the premises and placed elsewhere.
I have read the above agreement completely and understand and agree to it. As of the date of this agreement, the foster assumes responsibility for foster dog's actions and shall hold German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado and it's individual members harmless for all claims for personal injury, injury to others, and/or property damage associated with fostered dog.
Foster Home Questionnaire
Thank you for taking
the time to complete our foster home questionnaire. Your
answers will permit us to more effectively match your needs with a dog in
our program. If you would prefer that we send you this
questionnaire via email, please let
All fields must be
Your Full Name
PO Boxes please)
Please include area
Include area code.
How many people in your household?
What ages are your children?
If other children visit your home, what ages are
Are you (the applicant) going to be the primary
caretaker of the foster dog? Yes No
If not, please explain who will be and why:
Have you owned a German Shepherd or other large
before? Yes No
Please provide a brief description of your
experience and specify what breed(s).
Do you currently own any pets? Yes No
Please list ALL current pets:
Have you owned other pets in the last 5 years? YES
What happened to the pets you no longer own? Please be specific.
Do you have any preference in the sex of your foster
dog? Male Female No Preference
Would this be your first time fostering a dog?
Would this be your first time fostering a German
Shepherd Dog? Yes No
Please list all previous animals you have fostered.
(Species, breed, age, gender, temperament):
Do you have previous experience working with a dog
rescue organization? Yes No
If yes, with whom? Please list all
affiliations, both past and present. If you are new to rescue,
and have no rescue references available, use two personal references
who are not related to you. Do not use your veterinarian, as
that information is required below.
What age range(s) would you prefer to foster?
Than 6 Months 6
Months - Young Adult Adult
Age - Doesn't Matter
Which of the following best describes your current
residence? (Check one) Own a home Rent/Lease
a home Rent/Lease a town home (multiple family dwelling
If you have a yard, is it fenced? Yes No
If yes, what material is it made from, how high is it on each side?
Approximately how many hours a day will your foster
dog be left alone?
Less Than 4 Hours 4 - 8 Hours 8 - 12 Hours 12 or More Hours
Please list your current veterinarian or one you
have used in the past.
Please include area
Length of time used
Would your veterinarian give a RESCUE
discount? Yes No Can Find Out
Is there a low-cost/inexpensive spay/neuter clinic in
your area? Yes No
Are all your pets current on their vaccinations and
heartworm preventative? Yes No
If no, please explain why.
How did you find out about GSD Rescue of Central
Colorado? (Please be as
specific as possible - Vet, Shelter, Friend, Newspaper, Internet,
Any other comments you'd like to add for consideration
of your application to foster a dog for our organization?
reserve the right to inspect all homes and yards prior to approving
any foster arrangement.
Is this okay? No Yes
Would you consider volunteering for our
organization in another capacity? Yes Not At
This Time If yes, which of the following areas interest
you? Personal interviewing of adoption
Home Visits Transporting
Assistance Telephone calling Representing us at an Adoption Event
As a part of the approval process and before placing any dog in your home, you will be asked to agree to certain conditions, such as allowing a rescue agent to visit your home prior to (and after) placement of the dog. German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado has the right to remove the dog(s) from your home if we feel you are not properly caring for it, or you are unable to foster the dog for any reason. You are and MUST BE responsible for the dog’s actions while on your
property or in your care, and you must keep all dogs under your control/care at ALL times.
Before taking possession of your foster dog, you will be asked to
sign the following:
I certify that all information provided within this document is true, and accurate to the best of my ability. I understand and agree to all provisions/conditions in regards to becoming a German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado foster home.
I have accurately completed this questionnaire, have read the above warning and appreciate the risks involved in working with dogs. I understand that German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado cannot be responsible for the actions, behavior and/or medical condition of the foster dog(s) which it seeks to rescue and I agree to assume the risks implicit in working with the foster
I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform in my volunteer capacity and I agree to hold German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado harmless for any injury(s) that I might sustain during the course of my volunteer duties. This waiver does include myself, all of my family members, heirs, and descendants forever from seeking any legal action whatsoever against German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado or its representatives.
Clicking the Submit Button
will return you to our website.