|P.O. Box 792|
Ellijay, GA 30540
Phone: (706) 698-HOME
|Want to help the dog in most need ?|
|TAKE PEACHES HOME !|
DESPERATE FOR A HOME...
Adoption fee is $90.00! Please consider PEACHES! Read more about her HERE. You can complete an online adoption form by clicking on the Adoption Form link and you can email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Homeward Bound
Pet Rescue, Inc.!
Homeward Bound is a non profit, no-kill organization based in Gilmer County, Georgia. We are dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for unwanted companion animals, while actively seeking permanent homes through our adoption programs.
Our goal is to reduce the number of stray cats and dogs in our community through education programs, referral lists for neighboring shelters and rescue groups, and by offering cost-effective spay/neuter programs for those in need of financial assistance. Since August 29, 2000, we have rescued and adopted out 5,500 animals!
Project "Spay Ellijay"
Project "SPAY ELLIJAY" is a proactive spay/neuter program offered by Homeward Bound Pet Rescue, Inc. that was initiated in December 2000. Our goal is to make affordable spaying and neutering of dogs and cats available to all pet owners in Gilmer County, Georgia. No one will be refused due to the inability to pay. We offer assistance to those in need. These fees are still less than what Homeward Bound is charged for these services. Even though Vet services increase, we have not increased our rates. Therefore, your donations. are very important to keep this program going. Our objective is to get the job done. This is the only way we can get a handle on the overpopulation of unwanted animals and prevent unnecessary euthanization of perfectly healthy animals. "SPAY ELLIJAY" is funded through donations and grants, when they can be obtained. All donations in any denomination are greatly appreciated and also Tax Deductible. Project "SPAY ELLIJAY" works with veterinarians who specialize in pediatric spaying/neutering. Puppies & kittens can be surgically sterilized at 8 weeks of age! As of today, we have issued 2,880 spay/neuter certificates to residents.
Current Spay/Neuter Certificate Fees:
- Dogs - $70.00
- Cats - $45.00
- Seniors, 65 and older, receive $10.00 off above prices
- Individuals on Medicaid $25.00 for Cats & $35.00 for Dogs
- Individuals on Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) $25.00 for Cats & $35.00 for Dogs
DID YOU KNOW?
and all of their kittens kittens, if none are ever spayed or neutered,
in 10 years could reach 80,399,780 cats!
Our Wish List
We are a small all volunteer group with members in many different counties. We are always in need of volunteers to help in many different areas. Without volunteers we could not do what we do. Since August 29, 2000, we have rescued and adopted out 5,500 animals! We are proud of what we do!
Securing sufficient and steady funding is our biggest challenge. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are desperately in need of your generous donations! All funds donated to Homeward Bound are tax deductible, go directly to the animals and support our goals of getting these fortunate animals in good health, spayed and neutered and securing them better living environments until they are adopted. Many of our animals come into our care with severe medical problems and as a result, vet bills can become overwhelming. All donations go directly to the animals care and help provide food, shelter and medical treatment.
- Besides monetary donations we can always use:
- Volunteers to work at our kennel in Ellijay, GA
- Volunteers to do phone work from home
- Volunteers to transport animals to and from vet appointments in Gilmer County
- Short-Term foster families (less than 2 weeks during recovery from spay/neuter surgery)
- Long-Term foster families (greater than 2 weeks, provide socialization, rehabilitation and basic training)
- Volunteers to provide One on One time with a dog to help with socialization and leash training
- Volunteers to assist at adoptions in Kennesaw, GA or in Gilmer County, GA
- On call handymen to help with landscaping, lawn maintenance and general maintenance of our facilities in Ellijay, GA
- Veterinarians to assist us with animal care and medical situations
- Volunteers to assist with fundraising, event coordination, and public relations with local radio, television and newspapers
- Volunteers to help with administrative functions including board member responsibilities, grant writing and adoption coordinators
- Board Members needed