Click here to download the Walk For Paws 2015 Poster!
Choose One of These 3 Easy Ways to Register
To see the Walk Brochure which can also be used to Register by Mail click HERE
To Register Online (WITHOUT creating a personalized page to share) click HERE
To Register Online AND create your own personalized fundraisiing page click HERE
THANK YOU TO OUR 2015 WALK FOR PAWS SPONSORS!
PLATINUM PAW SPONSORS
Odum Real Estate Group
The Baltimore Sun Media Group
The Wallace-Smith Family
Ann & Paul Selnick in Honor of Animal Advocates 20th Anniversary
Audrey, Jesse & Evan Selnick
GOLD PAW SPONSORS
The Outer Office
Kathy Osborne Design, LLC
VCA Lewis Animal Hospital
VCA Columbia at Centre Park
VCA Columbia at Hickory Ridge
The Schultz/McDermott Family
Fresh Air Music Entertainment
Martha & Bob Gagnon
SILVER PAW SPONSORS
David’s Natural Market / LOOKS Salon and Spa / The Young Family
Rocky Gorge Animal Hospital / bark! / Aron Selnick
The Coventry School for Dogs and Their People
Countryside Veterinary Clinic / Pet Barn at Maple Lawn
DTZ Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc.
BRONZE PAW SPONSORS
Triadelphia Veterinary Clinic / Grand Rental Events / Dr. Deborah A. Wilson, DDS, PA /
Michael Yourtee / Skin Care Institute / XP Laser Sport
Patapsco Valley Veterinary Hospital / Haight Funeral Home and Chapel
Brooke Tyson Photography / Howard Bank / Yvonne Carter
Veterinary Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Group
Click on the picture to see video of NFL Player Tyrann Mathieu proving just how dangerous it is to leave a dog iin a hot car: After just eight minutes, the interior of the car reached 120 degrees and Mathieu had to call it quits.
'If you're going to make a dog a part of your family, then make him a part of your family" Mathieu said, 'don't treat him like you wouldn't treat someone you cared about or someone you loved.'
If It Helps Just One....A Very Dangerous Kind of Peanut Butter
We all use peanut butter to stuff Kongs, and it’s especially great for hiding pills. But this is serious—some peanut (or other nut) butter manufacturers are using xylitol now. Xylitol is hailed as a “natural” sweetener which does not promote human tooth decay and may help with human weight loss. It may be fine for humans, BUT IT IS NOT OKAY FOR DOGS, even in extremely small doses.
Many of us know that xylitol is commonly used in sugarless gum and toothpaste, and depending on the size of the dog, even a few pieces of gum with xylitol can be deadly. But it is now being used in baked goods, candies, and even kid’s vitamins.
As its use spreads to things like peanut butter it is even more important for Dog Parents to be vigilant and read the label. The effects of xylitol are fast, and sometimes silent. It can cause dangerously low blood pressure which does cause symptoms, but it appears now that some dogs skip this step and go straight to liver failure. If you even suspect your dog has ingested something with xylitol, you must see a veterinarian immediately. The prognosis is much better when you act fast!
If It Helps Just One....
A Volunteer reports a friend accidentally left her pantry door open. When she returned home, she found her dog had gotten its head stuck in a cereal box and suffocated. While this may seem very unlikely, it’s not the first time we’ve heard of it! Several years ago, a dog we know died in a potato chip bag. Similarly, cats have been reported to suffer the same fate getting stuck in cat food cans. We’ve probably all wondered why “this bag is not a toy” even needs to be said. But food containers don’t usually post a warning, and for our four-legged friends, anything with food or food residue is especially tempting. So be safe and keep food and trash out of your pet’s reach.
In our position, we often get alerts or stories that people want us to share. In an effort to bring them to you in an organized fashion, we’ll post them under this title. Our goal is not to be depressing or alarmist, but to present things you may never have thought of but should know. If it helps just one, it will be worth it.