- Adoptive homes must keep all cats indoors.
- Existing cats within the home must be tested negative for both Feline
Leukemia and FIV.
- Existing animals must be up to date on vaccines.
- Existing cats in the home must be spayed or neutered.
- No cats or kittens can be given as gifts, the written consent of
any future owner is needed for any adoption. Gift certificates towards
an adoption are available.
- Applications are good for six months from date of approval, after
that time a new interview and vet reference check will be required.
- We discourage placement to households with 10 or more cats.
Kittens under 4 months of age:
- Must either be adopted with a littermate, another kitten, or an
adult feline companion cat unless the adopter has another companion
cat in the household.
- Will not be adopted to homes with children under the age of 5 years.
- Will only be placed in a home with a dog if the dog has been previously
exposed to cats and proven to be cat friendly.
Kittens over 4 months until 6 months:
- We strongly prefer toplace all kittens with a companion when possible
unless a companion kitty is already in the household or the kitten
will have human companionship the majority of the time.
- Will not be placed in homes with children between the ages of 1
and 4 years, except on a case by case consideration.
- We will adopt cats to approved out of state applicants, however
ground transportation arrangements are solely the responsibility of
- We will not ship cats via airline, although they may travel on a
case by case approved basis, along with a passenger within the cabin
of the aircraft. No cat will be shipped as cargo, ever.
- Upon application approval, we will make every effort to work with
your travel arrangements, but please understand we can not “hold”
a cat for you while you spend several weeks arranging transport. Generally
we would like the cats to move on to their forever homes as quickly
as possible, within a window of two weeks.
These are our Standard Policies. Exceptions may be made in rare instances,
on a case by case basis, as applicable to a particular cat, circumstance,
and/or potential home. If you think you may qualify, please send us
a detailed email explaining
your situation and we will evaluate the situation further.