Who we are
Chances Angel Rescue & Education, (C.A.R.E.) is a small group of volunteers dedicated to saving the lives of many dogs. We are a non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
We do not have a shelter, however we place our rescue dogs in dedicated foster homes, where they are loved, nourished and provided with vet care to include, spay/neuter, vaccinations, heart worm test, deworming, and microchipped.
Our focus is to educate the public on responsible pet ownership, promote spay/neuter, rescue/save abandoned, neglected, homeless and abused animals.
We work directly with kill shelters in saving animals in danger of being euthanized.
Adopting a friend
We are dedicated to placing our animals in the best home suitable for that pet.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. It is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
Our adoption process includes:
- completing adoption application
- vet reference checks
- phone interview with the applicant
- upon approval, the applicant may meet the pet of choice.
- home visits
Our Adoption Process
Interested in adopting one of the dogs listed above? Here are the next steps:
- Complete our (online adoption application) with the name of the dog you are applying for.
- We will review all applications for each dog in order to make a decision about which home best suits the dog's needs. Applications are not considered in the order they are received; all applications will be considered in determining the best situation for each dog. Completing an adoption application is not a guarantee that you will receive the dog you are applying for, Chances Angel Rescue reserves the right to reject any application as we see fit.
- We will call the Veterinary references you listed on the application and contact you to schedule a home visit. These checks are performed to ensure that you will be a responsible pet parent and that you will provide routine veterinary care for the dog as needed.
- During a home visit, we will assess the living situation as well as the dog's behavior, especially around any children or other pets you may have
- In the case of our dogs who are too young to be spayed/neutered the adoption fee will initially be $100 - $250. You must sign an adoption contract consenting to spay/neuter your pet by the age of six months. Chances Angel Rescue will follow up with your vet to ensure your pet has been sterilized. Chances Angel Rescue may re-possess the pet if this contract is not honored.
- Adoption fees for altered pets range between $200 - $400.
All adult pets are hw tested, vaccinated, dewormed, spayed/neutered, on hw prevention.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his leader, his love.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
~ Author Unknown