Operation Catnip is a non-profit,
all volunteer organization committed to humanely reducing feral and
stray cat overpopulation through trap-neuter-return (TNR). TNR is a
positive, life-affirming, and preventive approach to solving overpopulation
among homeless cats.
Operation Catnip DOES:
Operation Catnip DOES NOT:
- Sterilize feral & stray cats.
- Provide rabies vaccination at the time of surgery.
- Ear tip - permanently crop the left ear to identify them as being TNRed.
- Lend traps for humane trapping (TNR)
- Sterilize owned pets or strays adopted by the finder.
- Accept cats/kittens for adoption.
- Relocate cats.
- Participate in cat trapping for euthanasia or release to animal control shelters.
- Routinely test for Feline AIDS or Leukemia (The head veterinarian has full discretion as to which, if any, cats get tested at the clinic.)
we have successfully "snipped and clipped" - that is, spayed
or neutered, vaccinated, and ear tipped - approximately 600 homeless
cats each year in central Virginia. As of February 2009, we have helped over 5,500 cats lead healthier and non-reproductive lives! We've helped the cats, the taxpayers who would otherwise pay to euthanize the cats
at local shelters, and we've helped the caretakers who faithfully feed and care for their own colonies. Thank you for helping us to continue
our good work!