Share In Caring for Animal Waifs
Staten Island Council for Animal Welfare
Please help SICAW
continue our good work helping the homeless pets of Staten Island by making a tax deductible donation today.
Every dollar helps!!.
*Adult Dog: $175.00 (heartworm-tested, spayed/neutered, shots, microchip & ID tag, and leash & collar )
*Puppy (under 6 months): $200.00 plus spay/neuter(heartworm-tested, spay/neuter certificate), vaccinations, microchip & ID tag and leash & collar)
*Adult Cat: $85.00 (FIV/FeLV tested, spayed/neutered, and vaccinations)
*Kitten (under 6 months): $65.00 plus spay/neuter certificate (FIV/FeLV tested, vaccinations)
*Pure Breed Dogs/Puppies: $250.00 (plus spay/neuter for puppy) (heartworm-tested, spayed/neutered or spay/neuter certificate, vaccinations, microchip & ID tag and leash and collar)
*Cat/kitten microchip available for $25 additional
As long as humans continue to be ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love.
10 Things a Dog Asks of Its People
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you adopt or buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me ... it's crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry at me for long, and don't lock me up as a punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware of how you treat me. Would you want to be treated the same way?
7. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could crush the bones of your hands, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being 'uncooperative', 'obstinate' or 'lazy', ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not feeling well or not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I grow old: you too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on a difficult journey. Never say "I can't bear to watch it", or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier when you are there.
Non-Profit Tax Exempt
If you would like to see our cats for adoption, they can be seen at PetSmart seven days a week during store hours.
On Saturday and Sundays, our volunteers will be available to show the cats from 1pm to 4pm.
Or, an appointment can be made to see our cats if these times cannot be met by calling Clo at 718-948-5623.
Dogs can be seen on Sundays at Country Estate Kennels from 10am to 12pm.
Or, an appointment can be made by calling Barbara (718-356-2334) or Laura (908-770-6078).
Directions to Country Estate Kennels and Veterinary Clinic: