Who We Are
For Animals, Inc. is a local TNR (trap, neuter, return) group. We are a New York State not for profit Corporation with (501) C-3 status, staffed and operated by people with many years of experience rescuing and taking care of abandoned animals. We exist through voluntary donations and the collection of a modest adoption donation. Please consider making a donation.
For Animals is dedicated to eliminating companion animal homelessness, engaging our larger community as vital and active participants in this shared social and ethical responsibility, and providing that community with the resources and education necessary to achieve these goals together.
The vision of For Animals is a New York City metropolitan area in which:
- the everyday decisions and actions of society at large reflect and promote all animals' right to a safe and healthy life.
- Trap-Neuter-Return resources are widely accessible and actively utilized by community members in all five boroughs.
- the importance of spaying/neutering companion animals and the humane treatment of every animal are core values upheld by all citizens of the city.
- adopting companion animals from no-kill shelters is considered the norm among current and prospective pet owners.
- public-intake shelters no longer euthanize healthy or treatable animals for want of funds or living space.
- no companion animal is ever born into, nor abandoned to, homelessness for any reason.
Our Adoption ProcessTo adopt one of our amazing animals, all potential adopters must follow this process:
- Apply to adopt All potential adopters must complete the adoption application to ensure that we can help you find the best match for your home.
- Meet the animals Once your application is approved, we will invite you to meet the animal you are interested in at our shelter, a foster home, or our next adoption event.
- Make it official All adopters must fill out an adoption contract. There is a $100 adoption fee per animal, which covers the spay/neuter cost of your pet and allows the shelter to continue rescuing animals in need.
- Bring 'em home If you hit it off, you will be able to take your new animal companion home at your earliest convenience. We will provide you with fact sheets about caring for your new pet and facilitating introductions with other animals in your home.