The main rescue center building
Our cats and kittens live together in a very clean and cat friendly center which has been designed for their comfort and convenience. They can run, climb trees, play whenever they wish and snuggle up with a friend for a nice afternoon nap. Our few cages are only used for brief periods of quarantine. Our main area consists of a large office room, four smaller rescue rooms; (June's Room, Kitty Campus, Cat's Corner, & Mewcomers), a very large common area, and an enclosed outdoor porch which is accessed through a window which allows them to bask on shelves and enjoy mild weather while lounging on outdoor furniture. All the areas have colorful, comfy furniture, trees for climbing, comfortable beds and toys placed about, and over 270 feet of catwalks run throughout the center.
- Each day at the rescue center:
- All of the walls in the rescue rooms are washed.
- The floors are vacuumed and mopped three times.
- All of the counter tops are washed and disenfected.
- The cats are fed between 40 and 45 cans of wet food, and 15 pounds of dry cat and kitten food.
- 40 pounds of scoopable litter is used.
- Every piece of bedding is washed. This comes to around 18-22 loads of laundry.
- We receive between 30-40 phone calls.
Also on any given day there may be adoptions to perform, cats and kittens to process through intake, vaccinations to give, ongoing medical treatments to administer, records to update, toenails to trim and ears to clean, bills to pay, fundraising projects and public education events to work on, supplies to order, shopping to do in town... the list goes on and on!
All this is just what takes place in the main building of the rescue center where the adoptable cats are kept. We also have 2 other areas for cats that are permanent residents.