Who We Are
Bark Ark Bully Rescue is a 501 (c)(3)non-profit organization located in the Danville, Kentucky area. We are working to save the lives of dogs in high kill shelters, primarily in Kentucky and neighboring states. We are a completely volunteer organization and we can't do it without you. Please consider volunteering, fostering, adopting or donating to help us. We could not continue our work if not for generous people like yourself. Remember, your donations are tax deductible. 100% of every donation given will help save the life of a deserving animal.
Send us an email for more information about Bark Ark Bully Rescue or any of the available dogs
firstname.lastname@example.org Danville, Kentucky
What We Do
Bark Ark Bully Rescue was created for the purpose of rescuing pit bulls and pit bull mixes from shelters that are about to euthanize them. Additionally, Bark Ark Bully Rescue exists to educate the public about pit bulls - the truth about pit bulls.
The pit bulls rescued by Bark Ark Bully Rescue are innocent victims, destined to die because of their breed(s) not because they have displayed negative or aggressive behavior, or because they are too medically compromised to be considered adoptable.
Contrary to popular belief, perfectly healthy and lovable dogs and cats are euthanized every day simply because they have not been claimed or adopted. Pit bulls, in particular, often are not even given the chance for adoption. In many cases, we rescue an animal hours before it is scheduled to be put to sleep, giving the animal an opportunity to be adopted by a loving family and a second chance at life.
Our adoption requirements include:
- All dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption
- We won't adopt any of our BULLYS to an area that has Breed Specific Legislation.
- We have a lengthy adoption application, and require references which we check.
- We require a home visit.
- We will do follow up visits after the adoption.
- Our adoption fee is $150. This is to assist with the costs of vaccinations, and spay/neuter.
- We require an adoption contract be signed.
- If you live in Ohio, we must see proof of appropriate homeowner's insurance.
Please note, these are requirements and there are NO EXCEPTIONS, and yes, we actually do check the references. We will always take every precaution to ensure our dogs to into a safe and loving home.