About the Humane Society of Westmoreland County
Humane Society Dogs:
All dogs available for adoption are veterinary examined, spayed/neutered, vaccinated according to age, tested for Lyme and heartworm disease (dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older), dewormed, flea treated and microchipped. The dogs are walked several times a day through our walking trails and have access to our 1 acre fenced in yard, to socialize with other dogs. Our adoption counselors work hard to match the right dog with their forever family.
Humane Society Cats:
Cats and kittens available for adoption are veterinary examined, spayed/neutered, vaccinated according to age, tested for Leukemia/FIV, dewormed, flea treated and microchipped. Our cats are separated by age and each group is given a different room to roam freely. They have access to screened in porches to enjoy fresh air and climbing.
The Humane Society offers a wide array of veterinary services including...
- Low cost spay & neuter program
- Wellness & yearly exams
- Veterinary exams for sick or injured animals
- Vaccinations for dogs including Rabies, Distemper Combination, Lyme's, Bordetella, Leptospirosis
- Vaccinations for cats including Rabies, Distemper Combination, Leukemia
- Testing for dogs including Heartworm, Lyme's disease, and Parvovirus
- Testing for cats including Leukemia/FIV
- Bloodwork chemistries including basic panels, CBC and Thyroid levels
- X-Ray technology
- Urinalysis, Fecal, ear and eye exams
Flea & heartworm prevention products (as prescribed by a veterinarian)
*Spay/neuter surgeries and scheduled veterinary appointments available throughout the week. Please call the office at 724-837-3779 for availability of appointments. Payment is accepted in cash, credit or debit cards, no checks.