Please take care of your pets this winter and read the “Winter Warnings” page to help keep your pet safe.   The rescue has some wonderful housebroken dogs needing indoor homes not just for the winter but forever.  Do you have room for just one?

“Winter Warnings”

Just a few reminders on how to keep you pet safe, warm and happy….

Antifreeze KILLS!!!!  Please use caution and do not leave this out where animals can ingest it.  To dogs in particular antifreeze tastes great.  It only takes a small amount to be fatal.  Vomiting and extreme lethargy are signs of poisoning.   This poison acts quickly.

Chocolate is a TOXIN for dogs.  Watch out during the holidays when fudge, cookies and all those goodies are around.   It has been said that “my dog loves chocolate and it’s fine” but that’s simply not always the case.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Grapes/Raisins can be TOXIN for dogs.  Watch out all year long for this! It has been said that “my dog loves grapes and it’s fine” but that’s simply not always the case.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Christmas Tree Tinsel is DANGEROUS for all animals.  This beautiful stuff that looks so great on our holiday trees will tear up an animals insides if digested.  Not always but….why risk it?

Keep your pet WARM when outside with cedar shavings or hay for a nice bedding.  The dogs love fresh hay and it keeps them warm and smells good! 

Problem with FROZEN WATER BUCKETS?  Invest in a rubber bucket as used on horse farms.  It’s thick flexible rubber that doesn’t allow the water to freeze solid and the ice is easily removed. 

DON’T FORGET ABOUT TOXIC HOLIDAY PLANTS LIKE MISTLETOE AND
POINSETTIA…

Return to "Home" page